Saturday, January 24, 2009

All Moved In (almost)

Today I went down and got my WA driver's license & my car now has WA plates, so I guess it is official we are Washington residents! We have enjoyed our first week here and look forward to exploring the area as the weather improves. Last weekend Gloria came up to help us settle in and play. We took the boys on their first ferry ride from Seattle to Bremerton, they had a lot of fun but I think we were all glad that we only had to ride one way!

We had 2 cords of firewood delivered this week so that meant we spent a good part of the day stacking wood (I think we are only 1/2 way done!). Tyler & Trevor had so much fun playing outside (I am so thankful for a big yard) and they were very good helpers with the firewood. They were so excited about the "huge" pieces they were picking up, I hope they are this excited when they are 12 & 14 and getting to stack the wood!

Our cozy new living room!



Tyler helping with the wood.



Trevor enjoying play time outside!



We still have some organizing to do but are mostly settled in. It was wonderful having movers do all the heaving lifting and setting up of furniture! However, I can't seem to find some missing pieces so my lamps are without shades for the time being. Oh well!


1 comment:

Graham'z Crackers said...

Monica, I'm so glad your getting settled, and the house looks comfy and cozy, as I would expect from you! You seem to have a knack there! I hope that you can find a good church home now and that you will make friends quickly!