Sunday, March 20, 2011
Living Proof Live with Beth Moore
Last weekend Bethany and I joined 6300 other women (and a few brave men) in worship, encouragement and teaching at the Living Proof Live event at the Tacoma Dome. Oh, there is something special about gathering with a large group of believers...I guess it is just a tiny taste of heaven! Just think someday all who have believed in the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior will be gathered together with HIM and praise His name for all eternity! I can't even imagine.
The Lord has blessed me with very special women that have mentored, encouraged, and challenged me and I am forever grateful. There are a few women that have mentored me over the years and we have never met (and probably never will). Yet, they have been mentors in my spiritual life through their ministries: Elizabeth George, Kay Arthur & Beth Moore (and a few others). Needless to say, Bethany & I were very excited to sit under a teacher we both love and eager to hear from the Lord!
What did I hear?
STOP - YIELD - GO
Jeremiah 31:21
Set up for yourself roadmarks,
Place for yourself guide posts,
Direct your mind to the highway
the way by which you went.
Set-up road signs.
Road Sign 1: STOP FOR THE NIGHT (Genesis 28:10-19)
Even in the practicality of life God can make it profoundly spiritual.
Road Sign 2: STOP FOR THE QUESTION (Matthew 20:29-34)
Jesus stopped and asked, "What do you want Me to do for you?"
Road Sign 3: STOP BEFORE SOMETHING WORSE (John 5:6-14, 1 Corinthians 15:34)
"Stop playing with fire or you are going to get torched bad enough to scar." ~ Beth Moore
Road Sign 4: STOP DOUBTING AND BELIEVE (John 20:24-31)
Blessed are those (us) who have not seen, but believe.
Road Sign 5: YIELD YOUR WILLINESS (James 3:13-17)
Yielding means: knees down and hands up. Luke 23:46 yield, to commit into His hands
Road Sign 6: YIELD TO DISCIPLINE (Jeremiah 31:15-22)
Discipline is to teach us. Take note of the road, when you get off course ask yourself, "How did I get here?"
Road Sign 7: YIELD TO A YIELD (Matthew 13:23)
Yield to the word of God and He will bring a harvest.
Road Sign 8: GO WITH A GOD GO (1 Corinthians 16:12, Exodus 4:10-17, 14:10-16)
Everybody's go is not your go. Wait for a God go, go when...
Know God's word; be careful not to just follow the Moses in your life.
Road Sign 9: GO IN PEACE (Luke 7:50, 8:48)
Move on in His peace.
Road Sign 10: GO IN POWER (Matthew 8:5-13, 28:18-20, Acts 1:8)
Go because that is what you are here for.
So that is a quick outline of the 3 teaching sessions. If you are reading this and have any questions please e-mail me I would love to share more!
I was most challenged with road sign 2. When was the last time I asked the Lord for something for me? What do I want Him to do for me? Jesus stopped and asked, "What do you want Me to do for you?" (Matthew 20) I wrote down a few things but they seemed insignificant in light of Who was asking this question. But really all I want is for Him to show me Himself, I want to know Him intimately and to hear His voice throughout each and every day. Don't get me wrong nothing is too insignificant for our Creator and I look forward to seeing what he does with those items I first wrote down; but when it comes to asking the Lord for something I want to ask big! I want to KNOW my CREATOR and SAVIOR, the LOVER of my soul. I think of Moses asking the Lord to show him His glory.
So I must position myself to hear and see Him. Allow His Spirit to work in me.
STOP and know His Word. YIELD to His Word. GO in His Word.
John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
STOP and know Jesus. YIELD to Jesus. GO in Jesus.
Be encouraged in His Word!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment